Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Be A U Teeful Night

I think last nights flight was one of the best since I started this job. It was an exceptionally clear night, the winds were light on the surface and it seemed that I had a tailwind enroute each of my destinations, but maybe that was just my imagination. Also there was a meteor shower ( at least a lot of them coming down ) last night as well. It all made for an extremely nice flight. It's good to get those.

The visibility was incredible. I was at 8,000 ft after departing KDFW enroute to KOKC, I could see OKC's airport beacon from 86 NM's out. That sort of visibility was common place when I instructed in Colorado, but it's pretty freaky down here in Oklahoma.

It was a great flight and I really enjoyed it. Let's hope there's a few more like that before the return of winter and all the fun stuff associated with winter flying. Check you later. Cheers.

No comments: