Wednesday, October 12, 2005

In Big D this week

I'm spending the week in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. I'm filling in for a standby pilot. I've been flying newpapers from the Dallas area out to West Texas all week. It's a fairly easy flight when the weather is good. Just one stop and fly back to Dallas empty. The weather at the beginning of the week was pretty awful, with those pesky West Texas thunderstorms firing up. Last night was so easy, no clouds, no wind, just a beautiful Texas sky and a sweet running Caravan.

Something did happen yesterday that has never happened to me before. I got stuck a hotel elevator for an hour and 1/2. It was an interesting time. I was stuck in the elevator with four strangers. During the ninety minute period, I saw the human animal in it's raw form. There was panic, stress, anger, happiness, revenge and pretty much every other emotion you can think of expressed in that very hot, very small container. My advice, take the stairs.

Okay got to get ready to deliver those papers. Later.

No comments: